Caring For Your Cashmere
Alashan Cashmere recommends “Le Blanc Silk & Lingerie Wash” as a safe, gentle cold-water cleanser for handwashing your cashmere garments. Follow specific instructions on packaging for washing. Available in six fragrances and fragrance free.
- Hand washing or dry cleaning is recommended.
- When hand washing, you should use lukewarm water and a mild soap or shampoo. Gently work the suds into the fabric and rinse thoroughly.
- When drying the garment, gently squeeze excess water out or lightly roll in a clean towel.
- Lay your garment flat in its natural shape to dry completely before storing.
- Clean your sweaters before storing as moths are attracted to natural fibers, especially when soiled.
- It is best to fold your garment and store on a shelf or in a drawer.
- Should natural pilling occur, use a Sweater Stone or Sweater Comb.
- Gently run the stone along the affected areas in one direction. The pumice material will help lift pills occasionally caused by regular wear, often in areas of high friction.
Visit their website to purchase or find a local retailer.